Wednesday, February 2, 2011

New old fashioned b&w

The darkroom was a wonderous place many years ago.  Now, its a "desktop darkroom".  Even better.  no smelly chemicals, bumping your head on things you can't see and of course waiting to see the results are gone.
I use labs for some of my customers prints, however our Fine Art B&W prints are still custom printed in house by me.  That is the only way to get the results that have the look and feel of fiber based b&w and sepia tone prints from  masters such as Ansel Adams.  We use cotton based papers with dyes that give more depth, tonality and richness.
Check out our samples and see for yourself.

1 comment:

  1. I am so grateful that our paths crossed 10 years ago. I love all the pictures you have taken of our family and friends. Your black and white work is so very gorgeous. And I love the sepia and color photos,too. I have some pictures done in black and white and color. Your work has been a huge gift to us. I look forward to many more years of having those tears well up when you show me the first shot.

    ReplyDelete